Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My first ever blog: Tough Times Word Vomit

My very wise and bloggingly credible sister has encouraged me to start writing. It's therapeutic, cathartic, and has the slight chance of making me a millionaire who travels around the world with my boyfriend, Adam Levine, while he sings and I give inspiring speeches and then we have dinner with Kristen Bell (I LOVE her... I might as well mention her now as she will come up often) and Dax Shepard on a sailboat in the Caribbean. So why not? I'm also trying to get more into this sharing things thing that people do. I'm real bad at it, and I'm hoping this will help. And while I cannot promise the sincerity, wit or overall awesomeness of my sister's blog, I hope to bring a smile or a chuckle your way. So with no further ado, I bring to you: Aulani's word vomit.

Tough Times Word Vomit
I wasn't sure if this topic was a great jumping off point for a new blog, but I figured an intro spilling the beans about my Veronica Mars obsession probably leaves the door wide open for those who actually decide to continue reading. So... thank you. For continuing to read.

Truth is, I've been having a hard time lately. A lot harder than I remember having before anyway. Because life is freaking tough. And sometimes it sucks. And sometimes the people in it suck. But I think the biggest reason I've been having a tough time is the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing. Seriously. No clue. Nada. A`ohe (This means "none" in Hawaiian- Sidenote: I am Hawaiian. You'll hear more on this later). I've changed careers a handful (and footful) amount of times, I am not in any relationship which leads to the MRS degree, and I really never had a super big passionate goal (besides becoming as smart and snarky as Veronica Mars, or sitting on Adam Levine's lap during his private performance to me). But recently, thanks to the lovely waitress at Dave and Busters ("Wow! You're 30?! Like... 30 years old?! You definitely don't look that old!"), I was reminded I am 30. Which, despite her best efforts, doesn't actually make me feel very old. In fact, I feel somewhat young hearing the number "30." And considering I've traveled to over 20 countries, have a bachelors degree and masters degree, skydived, bungee jumped, rope swinged, loved wholeheartedly, taken big risks, made stupid mistakes, learned from said stupid mistakes, grown up, etc. etc., Well, that's not bad for 30, right?

The sad thing is, I don't give myself credit when the tough times hit. Something doesn't go according to plan, and suddenly nothing has been according to plan. But that's not true. That's actually silly. It definitely doesn't change the fact that I'm clueless, but it does change the idea that I can't do anything worthwhile during my times of cluelessness. I've been clueless my whole life, and look at how many things I've gotten to do!

I'm trying to get my footing, and trying to figure out what it is that I'm supposed to do out here in this big, big world. I may never have a solid idea of what it is that I'm supposed to do on this earth, but God sure does show me some good times while I'm on it. Tough times hit. And sometimes they hit over and over again. But the tough times I'm facing can't take away the good times I've had... or the ones that lay ahead...

4 comments:

  1. I'm soooo proud of you. I love love love your new blog! Thank you for being so open, honest, and freaking hilarious. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on Kalei's comment, thank you for being so open and honest! I read this and can completely relate. I too have been going through many of the same feelings in my life that you just described!! I admire you for starting this, keep it up and I can't wait to see the journey that God has in store for you :) I recently started reading a book called "A Return to Love", which so far has been a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Open, honest, hilarious, insightful, riveting, warm, human and full of hope. I know folks who haven't done half of what you've already experienced and they're twice your age! Seems to me and I confess I may be biased, you are where you need to be for now even if you don't think you know where you are. Not deep, just saying sometimes smell and enjoy and allow God to lead.

    ReplyDelete